Loo Seak Lee
Loo Seak Lee received her Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) from the National Taiwan Normal University in 1992; with a major in Chinese painting and minor in Western painting and art education. Since 1989, she has won many awards in Fine Line Chinese Painting, Calligraphy, as well as Seal Engraving. Her artwork has been exhibited in numerous International Ink Painting Exhibitions and International Calligraphy Exhibitions since 1994. Her Solo Chinese Painting Exhibition was held in 1996, where she showcased her stunning mastered techniques in traditional Chinese ink painting as Gongbi（fine line）, Mogu（boneless style）and freehand brush work freely expressive and won praises and admiration from abroad art professors and art collectors. Many of her artworks are owned and collected by art collectors worldwide.
- Second vice president of Malaysian Female Artists Society
- Member of Malaysia National Art Gallery
- Member of International Art
- Member of Malaysia Artist Society
Exhibitions and Awards
- 2023 – The 23th NPO international calligraphy and painting exchange exhibition at Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum in Japan.
- 2022 - “Welcome Beijing Winter Olympic Games” exhibition.
- 2020 - “Asean-China (Gui Yang) Belt and Road Culture and Tourism Exchange” Exhibition.
- 2019 – Painting exhibited in the “Blossom Delight” (Series 4): Malaysian Artist Society 10th Anniversary.
- 2019 – Painting exhibited in the “Autumn Rainbow Bridge” Malaysia Taiwan Artists Art Exhibition
- 2019 – Fine line Chinese painting and oil painting works exhibited in the “Blossom Delight” (Series 3): "Malaysian Artist Society 10th Anniversary”
- 2019 – Chinese ink painting exhibited in the “2019 International Women’s day exhibition at the Performing Arts Centre of Penang.
- 2018 – Fine line Chinese painting “Preening in Morning Breeze”selected to be exhibited in the “Blossoms: An Exhibition of Malaysian Art Groups” .
- 2017 – Fine line Chinese painting “Benevolence” and Seal Script work exhibited in “1st China-Malaysia Female Artists Art Exchange Exhibition”.
- 2006 – “Spring Festival of Romance” Art exhibition in Kuala Lumpur.
- 2006 – Featured in “Shan’s Art Magazine” issue 100, “One Hundred Best Chinese-Malaysian Artists of 2006” page 80-82.
- 2005 – Student-Teacher exhibition with principal Peng Shih Lin at Kuala Lumpur Soka Gakkai Malaysia (SGM) Culture Centre.
- 2001 – Seal Engraving work selected to be exhibited in the “1st National Seal Engraving Exhibition”.
- 1999 – Founded Xin Xiang Art Studio with Dr. Lee Kean Yau.
- 1998 – Taiwan Ministry of Education Department Chinese Cultural Award.
- 1998 – Fine line Chinese painting exhibited in “Lunar Chinese New Year (Year of Tiger)” exhibition.
- 1997 – Fine line Chinese painting exhibited in “Simply Flowers” exhibition.
- 1996 – Chinese ink painting exhibited in Kuala Lumpur & Selangor annual Chinese ink painting exhibition
- 1996 – 1st solo Chinese painting Exhibition in Kuala Lumpur, featuring fine line Chinese painting and Chinese ink painting works.
- 1995 - Calligraphy work selected for the “4th International Calligraphy Exhibition”.
- 1994- Singapore “Lion Cup” calligraphy competition – 3rd place.
- 1992 – Bachelor of Fine Arts from the National Taiwan Normal University ( with a major in Chinese Painting and minor in Western painting and art education.
- 1992 – National Taiwan Normal University 81st Graduation Students’ Exhibition; 2nd place for Calligraphy, Excellence Award for Seal Engraving.
- 1991 – National Taiwan Normal University 42th Annual Professors & Student Art Exhibition; Excellence Award for Calligraphy, Third place for Chinese ink painting.